It's Dec 27 and I'm beat, done in, dead on one's feet, wiped out, run down, spent, and tired. I'm also stuffed with holiday "food". That stuff is delightful, but it hardly qualifies as proper sustenance. And spirits. The intoxicating kind. I feel terrible down there. *points to intestines and liver* I'm about to run to the grocery store to buy a load of fruit, vegetables, green tea, and miso paste. Then, a long soak in the bathtub. And a good night's rest. Reset. RESET!
Because the big day (Dec 25) was on a Wednesday and some of us had to go back to to work the next day (not it!), we figured we'd get our family time on the front end. A couple of weekends ago, ATM, KMHD & I went to Fort Smith to visit with my father, aunt & cousin. It was a good visit except for the debilitating toothache that I developed. Thankfully, my old man had 'something for that' in the form of hydrocodone. As usual, my aunt fed us a lot of excellent (soft) homemade Vietnamese food. When I'm at my Dad's, I become the parent, at my aunt's I revert back to childhood. It's a lot to go through in such a short amount of time.
The photo album got busted out @ my aunt's. I adore this photo of KMHD and I, enough to get it framed. Love that gal:

Dad gave ATM stacks of well-kept 45s. It was exciting:

The following weekend, ATM & I headed south to Mississippi to visit his mum, stepdad, brother & sister in-laws, and our nephews. Unfortunately, his dad & stepmum were sick with the flu, so we could not see them at all. I was so absorbed in hanging out, that I didn't take very many photographs. I did manage to get a snapshot of one of my nephews modeling his new skivvies that he got for Xmas. He was stoked about it!

When we got back to (N)LR, I was able to get QT in with Keiko & LP:

I'm really proud of LP's kitty cookie that she made for the Jolly Man:

When I am bored & there is no one around to stop me, I do things like dump an entire box of biodegradable packing peanuts into the toilet to see what happens. I had my doubts for a moment, but they all went away with a single flush!

One evening, we met Jonathan for oysters & red beans/rice, and then headed over to a party @ Everett's. I made cookies for it:

At one point, there were three pairs of siblings in the kitchen. Lauren, Natalie, Collins, Hank, me & KMHD:

I got myself jewelry from CITIES IN DUST (Hello, Siouxsie reference!) Those door-knockers make me feel something powerful:

Every time my coworker tires of her tree, she gives it to us. This is our second one from her. There's actually the tiniest bit of space between the topper & ceiling:

A present!

Try: Blood & Sand cocktail:

STAHP HELPING KITTY:

Inclement weather makes the locals do this, it's a sight to behold:

Gorgeous, vintage stamps on a package I received:

Three out of four ain't bad:

Louise:

Photo by Zach
My new, pricey addiction. So good, I can eat a box in a sitting. ;(

My new bag:

I believe I've covered everything. Hope you had a really great holiday.
1 comment:
Gah!! You can't give up your blog because I read this and see these pictures and I just fall hopelessly in love with you all over again. Please, baby….don't give up.
Post a Comment